Thursday, October 8, 2009

Nananana BATMAN!

Holy Comicbook Cover, Batman! This week of Digital Cover Design we had to put together an entire cover from scratch. The idea was to recreate a mainstream comic cover. I, of course chose Batman as Batman is the friggin' shiznit. The copy I believe was Batman Issue 689 which I believe is the first in a arc of stories featuring Dick Grayson as Batman. The original comic cover was a bit bleh, as the whole point of a cover should sum up the comic as well as have a unique composition that will have the reader interested especially from far away. The original cover was basically BLEH! I'm the Goddamn Batman! BLEH! BLEH! Emoness at it's finest, although the artist can draw circles around me, so I'm gonna shut my trap before I gets in troubles. Here's the original colored artwork.


I feel my inks were a bit rushed, but compositionally I'm happy. The idea of the story is Penguin is behind the scenes making mischief while Batman is blindly being led into enemy territory. I think the cover gets that across nicely. Hope you guys enjoys.

No comments:

Post a Comment